Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm too old...REALLY?

I have never liked telemarketers and now....I really can't stand them. I just got a call from a woman who was doing a "survey". Her first question was, "Are you between the ages of 17 and 30?" My response, "No, thank goodness." Then she asks if there is anyone in the household that age. I then tell her once again, "No, thank goodness." Mind you, it's not that I have anything against people in their late teens and 20's, I'm just not in a rush for my son to be that age. She then thanks me for my time and hangs up. So, what was her point? Anyone over the age of 30 doesn't have an opinion.....or that their opinion just doesn't matter? I've never been a believer that your chronological age determines how old you are. However, there are some people that really have issues with chronological age, especially when turning the "big" numbers like 30, 40, 50, etc. Maybe survey's like these are one of the reasons so many people have issues with chronological age. We put too much emphasis on how old you are physcially, instead of emotionally, spiritually or mentally. Oh well, her loss, I could have had something incredibly poignant or witty to say that could have changed her life, now she'll never know...HA!

No comments: