Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Year

I know you've heard it a million times, but it's true! 2010 FLEW by.

How is it possible that I am now a mother to two beautiful boys and a dog? I was looking back through my blogposts from 2010 and I'm amazed at how much my life has changed and how much has happened in just one short year. I must say, this year is ending MUCH better than last year. Last year at this time I was 35 weeks pregnant and on bed rest. Wow, that seems like so long ago!

I am very thankful for such a blessed year. It hasn't always been easy, but thanks to my extraordinary husband and precious children and of course, the Good Lord above, it has been the best year ever. Some highlights:

- Caleb Nathaniel was born! This was definitely the highlight of the year!

- We added a new puppy to our family, Maximus. Caleb was only 4 weeks old, what were we thinking????

- We had a GREAT vacation in Myrtle Beach that included Nic's first helicopter ride.

- I planted my first veggie/fruit garden ever and it did GREAT! I did not have to buy any produce all summer because the garden fed us! I can't wait to do it again in 2011! Nic and I have so much fun working on the garden together and now Caleb will be able to join us, too.

- Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary with a weekend getaway, just the two of us. It was wonderful!

- I finished reading the Bible, cover to cover.

- We had a family reunion/80th birthday party for my Grannie. I love my big family!

- We worked together as a family to create a very unique Halloween costume that got the most attention I've ever seen a costume get!

- We hosted Thanksgiving and had lots of family over. Our hearts and our stomachs were full.

- We all participated in our church's live nativity with Larry, Caleb and I portraying Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Nic was a Shepard and the boys and I got to ride a camel for the first time!

- Nic turned 5, rode his first roller coaster, learned to swim, started kindergarten, played on a soccer team for the first time, lost his first 2 teeth and has excelled in school. He is already reading and writing well beyond his level. I am so proud of my oldest son.

- Caleb was baptized, started taking steps, celebrated his first Easter, 4th of July, Halloween and Christmas! He has already had two haircuts, has a much larger vocabulary than I ever expected and is eating like a horse. He is a happy, healthy baby, the answer to our prayers. I can't believe he will be 1 year old on January 18th! I am proud of my baby too!


These are just a few of the highlights from what has been a fabulous 2010! I am so looking forward to 2011 with my loving family and wonderful friends.

Have a safe and happy new year!

No comments: