Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday - My Church Family

There are many things I am thankful for today, like the Hokies playing tonight, like the fact that I did my glucose testing today and it is now behind me (I had a very hard time with that today), and my church family.

I truly feel blessed that God lead me to the First United Methodist Church in Pulaski. I have never been to a church that was so warm and welcoming. Everyone is so friendly and caring, that before you know it, they really do start to feel like your extended family. This church has such great ministry programs and really reaches out to help our community and even beyond our community. Have I mentioned the kids? Well, let me tell you, the children here are GREAT! There are so many different ways you can get involved at our church, it's a great place to worship and then go beyond worshipping!

Thank you to my friends at FUMC, like the Queen's, the Cash's, the Newby's, the Cox's, the Clark's, the Kellis', the Hodges', the Dean's and everyone else for welcoming us with open arms, you are truly a great group of Christians!

No comments: