Monday, February 2, 2009

The Most Powerful Sentence I Have Ever Read

I have just had the worst past few days of my life. I won't get into the details, just trust me. I have been constantly praying and asking many questions that I know will never be answered in this lifetime. I have been struggling to get through each day and found myself just going through the motions and not feeling any hope for the first time in my life. Then it happened.

I was sitting in the living room and had a music channel on the TV as background noise. Nicholas (my 3 year old) comes up to me and says, "Mommy I want to write you a note." Okay, I go and get him some paper and markers and put it on the little table in his playroom. He sits down and starts to write. I'm not paying much attention, I had turned to pick up some toys and tidy up a bit. He then announces, "Here you go Mommy!" I look down at the paper and just started to sob. The only thing he has ever written in the past was his name, "NIC". He has practiced his letters and can read 3 and 4 letter words, but has never written any. Today, he wrote his first sentence and it touched me deeper than any words I've ever read. In the background, I hear Carrie Underwood singing, "Jesus Take the Wheel" as I read the words, "I LOVE MOM." No sentence has ever pulled my heart right out of my chest like this one did. Other than the word of God...in my lifetime, these are the most powerful words that I will ever read. They meant so much to me on so many different levels.

I truly feel God was sending me a message. He was letting me know that He is in control and that He loves me. He was letting me know that I have so many blessing in my life and the biggest is my son. For the first time in days I felt hope and joy. Joy for my beautiful son that is learning and growing and is such a blessing. I am honored to be his mother. I am honored that God chose me and trusted me with this precious life. I know I will always be there to catch my son if he falls, to lift him up if he needs it....I never knew that he would be the one to lift me up. Thank you God for sending me this blessing, for showing me You love me, for Your grace and mercy. Most of all, thanks for not giving up on me, when I felt like giving up myself. As a way of sharing my blessing and serving You, I hope this story will help someone else who is feeling hopeless. Hang in there and trust Him.


Yes, he wrote this all by himself. No help from Mom.

No comments: