Friday, August 26, 2011

My First 5K Nerves

Tomorrow is the big day. My first 5K race. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

First, the race is in the morning. I am not a morning person. This isn't a mental thing, it's a medical one. I have thyroid disease and am borderline diabetic, I have to take meds every morning one hour before I can eat anything, so I have to get up extra early (yawn). My thyroid and sugar levels are the lowest in the morning, so running is just not something I typically do early. I always run in the evenings.

Then there's the course, it's "hilly"....oh no. I am not surprised, I mean this is southwest Virginia, everything is hilly. The trail I typically run on gets pretty steep, so I'm hoping I'll be at least a little prepared.

My goal is to finish in 50 minutes....who am I kidding, my goal is just to finish!

Stay tuned.....

No comments: