Thursday, January 18, 2018

The youngest is 8!

My youngest baby,

I know you aren’t a baby anymore, but in my heart, you and your brother will always be my babies.  I am so proud of you.  You have certainly matured over the past year and are most definitely finding your way as a big boy.  You are funny, kind, empathetic, athletic, sweet, smart, charismatic and a friend to everyone you meet.  You have never meet a stranger.  I love how you are considerate of other’s feelings and can just strike up a conversation with anyone at any time.  You are a builder like Daddy.  You love to build things, to take things apart and to figure out how they go back together.   You think outside the box and there is not a lazy bone in your body.  I am so proud of your work ethic.  It amazes me that I can see it already.  You are the first to offer to help and the harder the work, the more you enjoy it.  I pray your amazing qualities continue to grow with you.
 
You have had a fantastic year!  You have done so many things for the first time.  From snorkeling in Florida, to your first train ride and visit to New York City.  You are such a great mix of city and country.  You talk often about wanting to go back to New York.  I have to admit, that trip was one of my most favorite trips ever, too!  As much as you loved the city, you also loved your first camping trip with Daddy and all the fun things you learned in scouts this year, from shooting a BB gun to shooting a bow and arrow to horseback riding.  You also had another great year in sports.  Your favorite sport is still baseball.  It’s so fun to help coach you and watch you grow as an athlete.  You always encourage your teammates and are a good sport.  That makes me more proud than if you were to hit a homerun every time at bat.  The same with soccer.  You truly give your all and look at the sport from a team perspective and not an individual one.  I’m proud of the goals you score, but I’m most proud of your attitude.  My wonderful son, I pray you continue to encourage others, have a good attitude and be a good team player.  You have many gifts and I pray you continue to be a good steward of those gifts.

I will end this year’s letter my precious boy, the same way I do each year.  By reminding you again how much you are loved and how proud we are of you.  We will always be here for you with unconditional love.  I will remind you, like in last year’s letter, that there will be trials, but that God has equipped you with everything you need to get through them.   Keep growing in your faith, keep being exactly who God made you to be knowing that our Heavenly Father does not make mistakes and He made you! 

Happy Birthday my remarkable boy.  May this coming year be your best ever. We love you so much, we love you more, we love you most, we love you more than most!





His annual birthday video is here:  Birthday video

No comments: