Monday, January 13, 2014

An Update from the World's Worst Blogger

I miss my blog.  I think about blogging quite often.  A great topic comes to mind, I have a brilliant epiphany that I am compelled to share and then…..BAM!  Life happens.  I forget to blog about whatever stroke of genius graced my feeble fleeting mind.

I’m not complaining though.  While I do miss having the time to blog, I have found that the time I used to spend blogging has been replaced with other loves.  Loves that fill me even more.    I do want to get back to keeping up my blog, though.  As I looked back through the years of posts this morning, I read things that I had forgotten.  Re-reading old posts ignites memories and reminds me of things I’ve learned along this journey.  It reminded me why I blog, not only to help retain my memories and share them with my children when they are older, but also to share with others lessons and laughs.

What are the other loves that have taken away from my blog you ask?  Of course, I have my beautiful family, but they’ve been around a long time.  The big change for me has been my return to school.  Finally, I’m getting my degree and I have to tell you, it’s fantastic!  I’ve always been a bit of a nerd.  Now, I’m a full grown nerd.  I love to study, to read, to (EEEK) take tests!  As bizarre as it sounds, I find comfort in these things.  I am blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful, supportive husband and wonderful children.  They share my excitement, give me time when needed for studying and are truly happy for me.  I couldn’t do it without their love and support.  The most surprising thing to me has been math.  It was my biggest fear.  I HATED math.  My motto had always been, “What do I need it for?  I have a calculator!”  Now, with learning architectural design, math is a MUST.  When I saw my first lesson that included fractions and ratios I thought I was going to DIE.  Imagine my surprise when I aced my first math exam!  Now that I’m more than half way done and have maintained straight A’s, I can say that I actually (gulp), enjoy math.  It’s official, I’m living in bizzaro world and I love it here!

Since my last post, the boys and I took our first road trip together.  Everyone said I was crazy.  Well, duh!  What fun would life be sane?  With just my two little guys, we went to St. Augustine, FL for a couple of days before heading to see my best friend in Naples, FL for a week.  I drove the entire trip, with two kids and it was the BEST!  We used the time in the car to talk, to sing, to connect.  Still, to this day, I can not believe the boys did not fight at ALL!  It was truly a lot of prayer that helped us along our trip, I’m certain of it.  Typically, it takes about 5 minutes for arguments to start in the car, but not this trip.  It was perfect.  The weather was great; the hotel we stayed at in St. Augustine had a huge water slide that they let Caleb go down over and over and over again.  Seriously, the boys went down this slide for THREE HOURS straight!  There was a little outdoor grill beside the pool where we sat and ate lunch, we went to see the lighthouse at St. Augustine and danced on the beach to live music. It was Caleb’s first trip to Florida and it couldn’t have been better.  Then, when we arrived in Naples we had a great time with my best friend and her family (who happens to be Caleb’s Godparents).  The kids got to go to a great children’s museum, swim, play and Nic and I even went to the Keys for his first snorkeling adventure while Caleb got some one on one time with his Godmommy.   It really was perfect.















Now, my “baby” is getting ready to turn 4.  My oldest will be 9 this year.  Nine.  The last year of single digits.  This year will be our 5th anniversary.  It’s hard to believe we have been together for 6 years and married for 5.  It’s hard to remember my life before him and impossible to think of it without him, he is my soul mate, that is for sure.  Our business has grown by leaps and bounds and 2014 looks to be even better.  We are humbled and thankful.  Since my last post many lessons were learned.  There has been some family that has grown apart, new life, lives lost, some new friendships have budded and old friendships that have only strengthened.  There have been disappointments, tears and struggles.  There has also been joy, blessings and love. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments: