Thursday, August 27, 2009

Friday Night Lights are Here!

I've always loved football. But as I've grown older I've really come to realize that for me, college and high school football is so much more fun to watch than the NFL. Why? Because the kids playing on the college and high school football fields play focused on the true love of the game, their community and their school. The main focus isn't the money, sponsors and celebrity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all NFL players are focused on the "greedy" aspects of football, but a majority of them just don't play with the same heart as the kids. There are some great NFL players that do seem to play with heart, set good examples and help the less fortunate. But so many just seem to be mostly concerned with the mullah and fame.

I would rather watch a low scoring, slow moving football game where the kids really put there all into it and played with heart and good sportsmanship, than watch a high scoring game where players are showing off and fighting.

With this being said, I'm excited to attend my first high school game this season! Nic, Larry and I, along with about 15 of our friends will be at Radford High School Friday night, watching Radford play Pulaski for the first time in 30 years. They are expecting over 15,000 people in a stadium that only seats 6,000, but I'm sure it's going to be tons of fun! I've never lived in an area that brought the movie "Friday Night Lights" to life like this area, and I love it!

See you under the lights!

No comments: