Monday, April 13, 2009

He's So Cute! Where'd Ya' Get That???

I've had a lot of people ask me about Nic's Easter outfit, so I thought I'd share on my blog where we got his outfit and why I love the store we got it from. Nic's entire outfit, the hat, the shirt, the sweater vest, the pants and blazer all came from The Children's Place and we got the entire outfit on sale! If you plan it right, take advantage of the sales and coupons they will send you if you sign up for their mailing list, the clothes at the Children's Place can actually save you money. How you ask? Simple. The quality of clothes are better and they last longer! Nic is a boy and little boys get dirty! I have to wash his clothes A LOT! The clothes from the Children's Place always stand the test of time. No matter how many washes or how rough he is on them, they last without the shrinking, fading and fraying like some of the clothes we get at the "Big Box" stores. He has a size 4 sweater vest that we got from the Children's Place last year that still looks and fits like new. I also bought him a sweater vest, in a size 4, from a "Big Box" store at the same time. A year later, the "cheaper" sweater doesn't fit, is faded, has frayed edges and "pills" all over it. I can get another 6 months out of The Children's Place sweater, the other sweater has gone to Good Will after running my shaver over it to get rid of the pills. I have found my Children's Place outfits last twice as long as his other outfits so I get more "bang for the buck."

Now, that's the sensible side of me talking, the other thing Nic and I both love about The Children's Place is the style of the clothes. Everyone thinks if you have a little boy you don't have the wide variety of clothes that girls have. In some stores, that is true, there are more options for cute girl outfits than boy outfits, but the Children's Place has just as nice of a variety for boys. Nic likes the "polished/preppy" look, but he also likes cotton t-shirts and fun play clothes too. The Children's Place fits both needs. The style is great, the quality is fantastic, so I would definitely recommend giving them a try! You can check out their latest clothes on their web site: http://www.childrensplace.com/.

Here is my little guy in his Easter outfit:


12 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Oh my goodness! He is so stylish! :) We love The Children's Place, too.

TwinHappyJen said...

Oh that picture is just the best!!

Unknown said...

He is too adorable! He should become a model for Children's Place!

LOVE that store!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this outfit! He's so cute!

Unknown said...

He looks so cute!!!! Children's Place is awesome!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

What a cutie, his persoality really shines through in the picture too! :)

Anonymous said...

He looks great!

Sweet Serendipity said...

Congrats on winning the twitter moms contest. Your boy is adorable!

Donna Payne, The Web Coach said...

I *HEART* The Childrens' Place. My youngest daughter (age 9) has been clothed by them for years. Great prices + coupons (brilliant marketing tool).

I love their displays too... I walk in, I see an entire ensemble... tell the sales gal I need a size 8 top, bottom, shoes "successories" and I'm done. Sometimes for less that $25.

Won't be able to do that for much longer tho... her 14 y/o sister shops at Holister - God help me when they BOTH shop there.

birgitta said...

Adorable! i just love to see children well dressed. Thank you for teaching your son how to dress.

Pricousins said...

Congrats on winning!!!! He's so cute!

klyhall said...

You should have him advertise for Childrens Place SOOOOOO cute.